- Contract: 6 months (June- November 2014)
- Hours: Full-time, 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Eligibility criteria: This scheme is open to 18-25 year olds only
- Expenses: Up to £80 per week to cover travel and lunch expenses
- Download job description http://www.mediatrust.org/uploads/139963560459994/original.pdf
About Media Trust and Community Channel
At Media Trust we believe in the power of media to change lives. We work with the media industry to empower charities and communities to have a voice and be heard. This is achieved by:
- Providing communications skills and resources through expert-led training courses and events, free professional support, film production, free online guides and resources
- Helping access audiences through Community Channel on TV and online, national news distribution and media partnerships
- Harnessing creative industry talent through media volunteers and media partnerships. London360’s innovative production model is starting its fourth year of journalism training and community story coverage, reporting across TV, online, print and radio.
London360 is broadcast on Community Channel, the only channel for communities, charities and local stories, available in 26 million homes across the UK on Freeview 63 & 109HD, Freesat 651, Virgin 233, Sky 539, BT Vision and BBC iPlayer.
London360 alumni have gone on to work for broadcasters such as ITV, Sky, BBC Radio, MTV, London Live, independent TV production companies and many more.
About the role
- TV: As part of the team you will produce London360, a regular news magazine show for TV and online. London360 airs on London Live, the new Evening Standard TV channel for London, and Community Channel
- Print/online: You may also write for Huffington Post, London24 and others
- Radio: You will have the opportunity to join the BBC Radio London team to get a taste of a radio environment
- Vloggers: You will engage with a pool of 100 community vloggers
- Work across a range of roles including: Researcher, Producer, Presenter, Director, Camera Operator, Sound, Online Content Producer, Video Editor, Distributer, Marketing/PR, Photojournalism
- Produce weekly blogs/ tweets/ articles and photographs to create and tell community news and campaigns
- Research and develop story ideas to create the weekly news agenda
- Establish and develop relationships with the mainstream media and a wider pool of 50 community journalists across London and engage them in the project by delivering the news agenda and any other briefs.
To watch London360 and find out more information please visit our website at http://communitychannel.org/london360
Closing Date: 12pm, Friday 30th May 2014
Interviews: Must be available on 2nd- 6th June 2014
Start Date: Must be available to start on 16th June 2014.
How to apply