Four successful African women in tech shared their experience and provide precious advice to succeed in the field: •Lola Oyelayo – Director of Strategy & UX at Head London
•Dr Tomi Oladepo – Digital Media expert (Warwick PhD)
•Kiran Yoliswa – Co-founder, Styled by Africa
•OyelaNana Fatimah Ogunfemi – CEO of Techsis
The discussion is moderated by Antonia Anni, UX consultant
In this #NOCTechAfrica series, Francine Beleyi, interview inspiring African Tech entrepreneurs in the diaspora and on the continent to explore how to unlock the immense potential of Africa and what it takes to succeed on the continent.
In today’s episode, Francine is in conversation with Eunice Baguma Ball, from Uganda. She is the founder of Africa Technology Business Network (ATBN), a London-based organisation that is creating a bridge between the UK and Africa technology ecosystems with the aim of unlocking profitable opportunities for businesses in both economies.
In this second episode, you will hear about:
• Why Africa is ahead in mobile payment solutions
• How she became an entrepreneur and created ATBN
• The tech success stories she finds inspiring in Africa
• Insight to better understand the African Tech ecosystem
• What excites her about the current African Tech scene
• The importance of a support network to navigate the entrepreneurial marathon
• Her experience as woman in tech and her original perspective on this subject
• Why personal branding is key to achieve your mission
• How the African diaspora can maximise their involvement in the continent
• How British businesses can also be part of the Tech revolution in Africa
• As well as funny and inspiring anecdotes
Francine Beleyi is a digital communication and marketing strategist, entrepreneurial journalist, and change agent who helps businesses and leaders to thrive in the digital age. She spends her days speaking and studying the most successful entrepreneurs in the new economy, and sharing her findings with those who want to increase their results.
Francine is also a powerful speaker and a champion for action. Her transformational programs have helped hundreds of senior executives, entrepreneurs, and other professionals across industries to accelerate their results at critical moments in their organisations and life, to become more innovative and to adapt to the new economy.
For more information, visit http://www.francinebeleyi.com/ or follow her on Twitter @FrancineBeleyi #NOCTechAfrica