In this #NOCTechAfrica series, Francine Beleyi, interview inspiring African Tech entrepreneurs in the diaspora and on the continent to explore how to unlock the immense potential of Africa and what it takes to succeed on the continent.
In today’s episode, Francine is in conversation with Emefa Kpegba, a Social Entrepreneur from Togo, Africa IT Women ambassador in Togo, Women TechMakers – Lome Lead, Co-Organizer of Google Developers Group Lome, and creator of OMobileFunding platform.
In this third episode, you will hear about:
• What makes OMobileFunding specifically an African crowdfunding platform
• Why crowdfunding is a lost African concept that needs to be revived
• Her journey from doctor studies to telecom and tech entrepreneur
• The difficulty to convince people to get involved and her hopes
• Why building a trusted community is crucial for the success of the platform
• Why she wants to see a change of mindset in Africa
• How to inspire women in tech to be more visible and getting out there
• The power of imagination to change any situation
• Why people can use mobile technology to create useful content rather than just chatting on Facebook or WhatsApp
• Why the government should take action to increase tech literacy
• Why not having a high speed internet is not an excuse to stand still
• A few ideas for the diaspora to get involved on the ground
• And much more
Francine Beleyi is a digital communication and marketing strategist, entrepreneurial journalist, and change agent who helps businesses and leaders to thrive in the digital age. She spends her days speaking and studying the most successful entrepreneurs in the new economy, and sharing her findings with those who want to increase their results.
Francine is also a powerful speaker and a champion for action. Her transformational programs have helped hundreds of senior executives, entrepreneurs, and other professionals across industries to accelerate their results at critical moments in their organisations and life, to become more innovative and to adapt to the new economy.
For more information, visit http://www.francinebeleyi.com/ or follow her on Twitter @FrancineBeleyi #NOCTechAfrica