Date(s) - 23/01/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The MBTN Networking event series has been developed to foster relationship building and to educate entrepreneurs and other stakeholders on key aspects of the investor engagement process.
This event will specifically delve into all aspects of how venture capital works. As part of the talk, you will learn:
- The role VCs play in the startup Ecosystem
- Structure of a VC firm: GPs, LPs, EIRs etc.
- VC Fundraising Process/ Timelines
- How VCs monetise
- VC involvement in a start-up they fund (Board of Directors, Operations, etc)
- Understanding the value a VC brings
- A day in the life of a VC Investor
- Cutting through the VC noise (navigating the VC engagement process)
- Developing a VC Engagement Strategy
You should attend this event if you are an entrepreneur or thinking of one day starting a business. As part of building businesses, it may become necessary to engage with Venture Capital Investors, and this event will give you the tools you need to begin planning your investor engagement process.
After the talk, we will have a comprehensive networking and relationship building session.
6:00pm – Arrival & Registration
6:30pm – Talk: Understanding How Venture Capital Works
7:30pm – Q&A
8:00pm – Networking & Drinks
9:00pm – Close
Dele Akinyemi – Venture Capital Investment Associate, MMC Ventures.
Dele joined MMC in 2018 as an Investment Associate from the Boston Consulting Group, where he worked on Big Data, Analytics & Strategy engagements for Consumer & Retail, Oil & Gas and Medical Device clients, amongst others.
Prior to that, Dele ran and worked in early-stage businesses in emerging markets, having grown a retail chain in Nigeria and been an early team member in a South-East Asian e-commerce business.
Dele graduated from King’s College London, where he received his MBBS & BSc (Hons) degrees in Medicine & Management.