Date(s) - 10/02/2018
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Nigerian economy is an important part of the global and African economies. As a major exporter in oil and a market of vast opportunity, it is essential that there is a platform to discuss and innovate for Nigeria’s future. The State of Nigeria Conference is our inaugural flagship event will bring the best in academia, law, journalism, business, technology and culture to participate in 2 panel discussions listed below:
1. Politics and History (Legacies of the Nigerian Civil War and the future of democracy)
- Keynote Speaker: Rudolf Ogoo Okonkwo (Journalist; host of ‘Dr Damages’at Sahara TV and writer)
– Kayode Ogundamisi (Political commentator and host at BEN TV),
– Vincent Hiribarren (Historian at King’s College London),
– Vincent Ezeigbo (Property Broker and Leader of Obowo People’s Organisation UK)
2. The Next Generation (This panel will be composed of outstanding youth leaders)
- Keynote Speaker: Yemi Soile (Founder and Head Coordinator of Nigerian Students’ Union UK)
– Mahmoudat Sanni Oba (Blogger and Speaker),
– Afolabi Adekaioja (LIMUN Secretary General 2017),
-Mary Ojo (Vice-President Education, Queen Mary University Students’ Union),
-Busayo Twins (LSESU General Secretary 2016/17)
Our conference aims are to educate the public on Nigerian issues, facilitate debate and discussion, provide a platform for innovators in Nigeria and the diaspora and create a network for Nigerians and those interested in Nigeran affairs.
Entry is free for all but lunch will be provided at a charge for non society members.